Senior Manager (Legal & Compliance)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
8 - 15 Year(s)
- Drafting, vetting and negotiating contracts and all types of legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights.
- Identifying and evaluating legal issues arising from commitments made by the company and to advise and formulate appropriate resolutions for the same.
- Provide legal opinion, advice and guidance to executives on a variety of legal topics and contractual arrangements to ensure that the company's interests is protected and there are no adverse legal implications within its operations and among its subsidiaries.
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Review of the company's business framework to ensure internal governance and compliance to the various laws and regulations applicable to the business and operations of the company.
- Provide legal advice on legal and regulatory issues and all regulations applicable to the business including dealing with regulators where required.
- Prepare and assist in the application to the local regulator for licenses to operate new financial services related products.
- Assist with possible mergers, acquisitions and formation of business entities within the jurisdiction and other markets for business expansion.
- Review legal complaints and lawsuits filed by an individual or other businesses and to advise and find appropriate methods to resolve the same and ensure minimum exposure and loss to the company.
- Communicate and liaise with external counsel where applicable.
- Documenting, filing and retention of legal documents securely.
- Performing various tasks related to the legal matters of the company.
- A Bachelor's of Law degree.
- Proven experience as a legal manager in a competitive business environment and/or a start-up.
- Experience working with e-money business operations is ideal but not a must.
- 8 years or more legal experience
- Articulate and possess strong research, writing, analytical skills and logical abilities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and have a strong commitment to ensure legal, corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to set priorities and work under pressure.
- Well organized, meticulous, attention to detail and able to multi task.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of E-Money regulations, Financial Services Act 2013, Anti-Money Laundering regulations, corporate law and procedures, Data protection and privacy laws.
- Knowledge and/or experience in money remittance or lending business is an advantage.
- Highly proficient in the English language (both written and spoken).
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of people / diverse personalities.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.