Once again, KL Bar is having its annual Charity Nite but this time there is no KL Bar Idol. Instead, they have come up with another witty idea, by organising the ‘Battle of the Bands 2008′. Charity Nite is held every year to help raise money for the charity they choose to adopt yearly.
By organising ‘Battle of the Bands’, KL Bar hopes that it will be able to attract as many people as possible as the more people, the merrier it would be, and the charity funds will be higher too. It might be a surprise but among the lawyers, there are hidden talents of rockers too.
This coming Friday, June 27 2008, you will be entertained by 5 very promising bands at SaVanh Too, Plaza Mont Kiara. It is guaranteed an exciting night of rock and roll while at the same time doing charity. This year, KL Bar has adopted the Persatuan Penjagaan Kanak-Kanak Cacat Klang, Selangor.
It is a home for children that are physically handicapped, mentally retarded, deaf, dumb, autistic and suffering from Down’s Syndrome. It is a tax-exempt shelter but the operation and administration costs run up to almost RM31,950.00 monthly. The most important thing to maintain this home is to teach the children basic surviving skills so they can be more independent as they become adults.
Based on the KL Bar Blog, the bands that will be competing that night are as follow:
1. Joe Latex and the Rubbertappers – a seasoned band featuring Izral Khairy, Tze, and Fahri Azzat;
2. Malayan Borneo Grasscutter Ninja Union Quartet – a mass hysteria band featuring Fareez Jinnah and his Ninjas, whoever they may be;
3. Taiko Tai and the Ringtones – a pop – rock band helmed by Lai Chee Hoe and includes Darren Teo and Tan Cheong Leong
4. Will Sing for Petrol – a fiery band led by Mohd Ashraf Abdul Jabar and comprising of Kelvin Ng and Ong Yu Jien, lawyers from Raja Daryll & Loh; and finally
5. Its OK to Adjourn – a rhythmic band featuring Mark Ho, Isa Aziz and the evergreen Dennis Appaduray
This event is opened to everyone.
We at eLawyer urge all our members to respond positively to this event and to support the good course.
The details of the event are as below:
Price: RM30 nett (inclusive of food (including vegetarian options) and 2 alcoholic or non- alcoholic drinks)
Time: Doors open from 7 pm onwards until late
Tickets can be purchased from the KLBC Secretariat (ask for Rajan – 603-2693 3585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alternatively, you can make a donation to the Home by issuing a cheque payable to ‘Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee’ with the name of the Home on the reverse side of the cheque.