Senior Manager/Manager, Legal and Compliance
Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Property
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
10 - 50 Year(s)
- Responsible for working with the operations and business teams on acquisition of real estate, fund raising, merger and joint venture projects as well as compliance with laws governing the business of a REIT.
- Drafting and reviewing of contractual documents and litigation matters.
- Coordination of legal review and opinions from external lawyers or regulatory bodies on corporate transactions.
- Development and updating of the compliance plan and coordination of the compliance reports for purposes of ensuring that the compliance needs are met for the real estate investment trust and the manager of the trust.
- Updating and disseminating updates and information required to management in order for the real estate investment trust and manager of the trust to remain compliant with the laws and regulations.
- Assist the Head of Department/Unit to ensure that all legal and compliance obligations pertaining to the real estate investment trust and manager of the trust are met at all times.
- Providing response and necessary information within the compliance requirements during internal audits and external audits/enquiries by the authorities/regulators.
- Updating and maintaining the risk register. Generally attending to and solving any legal, compliance and risk management issues that may arise from time to time.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects/assignments as and when assigned by superior/HOD/Head of Unit.
• The ideal candidate should possess 10 to 15 years of legal experience with a minimum of 5 years in private practice and in-house experience.
• Well exposed to litigation, corporate law practice, transactional M&A especially of real estate and fund raising work gained from private practice and/or as an in-house lawyer.
• Possesses good understanding of regulatory guidelines, policies and operating processes pertaining to securities governed by the Securities Commission Malaysia.
• Excellent interpersonal skills & able to interact with all levels.
• Analytical and possess an inquisitive mind.
• Good written and communication skills.
• Good team player.
• Be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.