Construction,Conveyancing,Corporate / M&A / Commercial,Equity Capital Market
Responsible for assisting the Group Legal Head in managing and overseeing the group's legal and secretarial department and in providing in-house legal support services to the various companies within the LGB group.
Duties & Responsibilities - include without limitation the following:-
1. Taking of instructions from the Group Legal Head on matters involving the companies within the group;
2. Providing general and specific legal advice to the companies within the group on corporate and litigation matters;
3. Drafting of legal documents using well set precedents to safeguard the interests of the group;
4. Vetting and perusing legal documents, either prepared internally or prepared by external parties to safeguard the interests of the group;
5. Delegating, supervising and reviewing work done/carried out by subordinates within the department;
6. Dealing, instructing, liaising with external solicitors on various legal documentation and on specific projects;
7. Following-up and liaising with external solicitors on litigation matters involving companies within the group;
8. Assisting in the maintenance of a central (database) tracking/checklist system for filing, record keeping, work status updates, precedents, e-library, approval and other administrative processes for the smooth, proper and efficient functioning of the department;
9. When requested, taking instructions on personal matters from the principals in respect of the preparation and/or vetting of legal documents, general legal advice (where required) and the follow-up in respect of the matters thereof.
- Minimum academic qualifications of L.L.B. (Hons) and called to the Malaysian Bar.
- PQE of at least 5-8 years in reputable legal firms and in-house advisor.
- Experience in corporate and commercial law is preferred.
- Exposure in litigation matters is an added advantage.
- Exposure to legal framework of other jurisdiction such as China, London, Japan and Singapore would be an advantage.
- Strong and clear communication skills to handle all ranks of people and counterparties.
- Flexible to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia is mandatory.