Associate / Legal Counsel (Fintech Regulation)
Banking & Finance,Compliance/Regulatory,Telecommunications / Technology
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
3 - 14 Year(s)
- Advise and guide the business, legal and compliance teams on all Malaysia licensing, compliance and regulatory matters whilst keeping abreast of the latest regulatory developments in the fintech and payments sector.
- Develop, implement and continuously update the company's licensing, compliance and regulatory framework, policies and procedures for the company's payments business in Malaysia.
- Work closely with the fintech and payments regulatory authorities in Malaysia.
- Liaising with regulators in term of licensing, compliance and regulatory matters in relation to fintech and payments regulations in Malaysia.
- Draft and revise contracts that involve potential regulatory/compliance risk.
- 3 to 14 years of experience in corporate practice / in-house legal team.
- experience in the financial regulation practice is an added advantage.
- outstanding communication skills in English. (Both verbal and written).
- able to convey complex legal concepts and arguments in simple words for an audience of non-lawyers.
- comfortable working in fast-paced environments involving multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- demonstrable interest in financial regulation and have a high technology literacy.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.