Legal Counsel (Malacca)
Conveyancing,Corporate / M&A / Commercial
3 - 10 Year(s)
- Delivers commercially focused legal advice across all legal areas relevant to the business and its activities, seeks to proactively protect the company from harm, and seeks to proactively ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensuring legal, regulatory, and internal compliance takes place to the highest standards.
- Advises on commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Analyses and negotiates commercial contracts.
- Monitors and advises all current commercial policies and procedures for compliance with applicable law.
- Advises all current regulatory policies and procedures applicable to the industry.
- Focuses on high-value work and ensures they have a strategic understanding of the business and its needs.
- Builds and maintains strong internal relationships with key stakeholders by ensuring that the legal teams' services are integral to the business.
- Represent the Company in dealings with government agencies
- Review third-party contracts (in English) and amend as required to ensure compliance with the Group internal risk controls & best practices - using standard templates as a guide.
- Review third-party contracts (in English) and amend as required to ensure alignment to best commercial practice to protect the Group's fiduciary position now and in the future
- Have 3 to 5 years of professional experience gained at a reputable law firm and/or as an in-house lawyer.
- Have experience in strata management is an added advantage
- Being experienced in corporate governance, business transaction, and commercial matters
- With previous line management experience, you are confident in coaching and mentoring others to get the best results from your team.
- Experience in managing relationships and collaborations with external partners, counsel, management, and others in a fast-paced environment
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.