This role principally involves advising on, negotiating and drafting the following types of commercial contracts:
- Programme acquisition license agreements for International English language, Malay and Indian content.
- Agreements with third party channel licensors for the carriage of their linear television channels and related on-demand content.
- Agreements for the provision of third party apps with related on-demand content
- Production agreements for provision of new programmes, including commissioning, first look and shared IP deals
- Co-production and co-investment agreements
- Agreements for delivery of production services for third parties
- Licensing and syndication deals for distribution of content on third party services and platforms
- Content aggregation agreements
- Barter agreements
2.Draft and negotiate various types of agreements, adding value with highest quality business-focussed legal expertise and advice on document structure and allocation of risk.
3.Provide legal advice on content related transactions and arrangements, including on intellectual property laws, trademark registration, copyright protection and the provisions of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998.
4.Manage disputes arising out of contractual and quasi-contractual relationships with the aim of amicable resolution and settlement and, if required, coordinate with external legal counsels and manage any litigation involving the company, including developing and directing any litigation strategies.
5.Supervise and guide junior lawyers in the provision of legal support and drive the following behaviours within the legal team:
(a) customer focussed advice and solutions,
(b) strategic advice and contributions that add value and meet the company's objectives,
(c) bringing innovation to problem solving,
(d) ensuring advice is provided in a timely and accurate manner.
6.Other task to be assigned from time to time.
- 8 to 15 years of legal experience (solid contract negotiating experience)
- Candidate with media, content, TMT, telco or tech experience is encouraged to apply but not a must
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and enjoys working in a dynamic environment
- Ability to negotiate contracts and find solutions in deadlocks
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Enjoys high pressure and a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Digitally savvy
- Excellent drafting, legal and research skills