A. CORPORATE LEGAL FUNCTIONS
1. Draft, review and negotiate terms of contracts, agreements and other legal documents and provide advice to internal departments involved on the legal implications to the Company or Group Company.
2. Provide legal advice to the management of the Company or Group Company.
3. Provide support to other departments including but not limited to the Group Human Resource & Administration, Sales, Building Services, Security & Safety, Customer Services and Project Team in rendering legal advice and recommendations to resolve issues.
4. Manage and coordinate with external lawyers on litigation matters.
5. Maintain and keep to-date contractual documents, files, correspondences and other legal documents and corresponding logs.
6. Attend to internal matters related to conveyance works involving the Group of Companies.
7. Meet and negotiate with tenants and customers on tenancy/ services and operational issues.
8. Attend to preliminary tender documents including reviewing agreements and attending meetings.
9. Liaise with external regulators and advisers including but not limited to stamp duty office, Tenaga Nasional Berhad and Inland Revenue Board in the discharge of duties.
10. Assist in the provision of legal support in relation to the Group's activities so as to ensure due compliance with corporate governance, current laws, rules and regulations and the Company's policies and procedures.
11. Perform any other duties as and when directed by the management.
B. CORPORATE SECRETARIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Prepare and circulate Board Resolutions for Directors' signatures.
2. Responsible to manage, handle and attend all the Board meetings and Board Committee meetings which include organizing meetings, preparing and circulating the agenda, recording minutes of meetings and collating and compiling board papers.
3. Responsible for coordinating, handling and attending the Annual General Meeting, including but not limited to liaising with the Registrar in the UK, the Company Secretary, preparing the agenda and recording minutes of meeting.
4. Liaise with external Company Secretary and Register Office in Jersey and Malaysia on secretarial matters for the Company.
5. Keep and maintain proper statutory books, register books and secretarial files of the companies and ensure all company information / documents recorded / kept therein are up-to-date.
C. INTERNAL COMMUNICATION
1. Assist in the execution of the internal communication structure and process.
2. Attend internal department meetings as required.
3. Perform any other duties as and when directed by the management.
1) Graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Law, or a combination of law with other disciplines from a recognized university.
2) Practiced in a reputable legal firm, or attached to a Legal Department of an organization for at least five (5) years with mostly corporate experience.
3) Excellent legal drafting and writing skills in relation to corporate and commercial matters.
4) Familiar with Malaysian Companies Act.
5) Possess excellent command of verbal and written English.
6) Ability to work independently and as well as a team.
7) Mature, possess good negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.