1. Compliance & Regulatory
- Provide legal support in areas related to compliance laws and regulations, including privacy and data protection, global trade (exports and sanctions), code of conduct and ethics, incident response and investigations, anti-bribery and anti-corruption, and other regulatory laws and guidance that impact data, marketing, digital, product development, security, and technology;
- Perform assigned incident investigations and provide support under the direction of Head of Legal;
- Together with senior members of the team, conduct legal watch and ensure comprehensive and on-going knowledge of emerging trends and subjects that have potential to impact to the Group
- Implement and apply guidelines policies with the objective to reduce legal risk and protect the assets of the Group;
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business;
- Identify and escalate legal, regulatory and compliance issues within the Group;
- Conduct reviews of agreements and other privacy-related contracts/documents under the direction of Head of Legal;
- Participate in auditing and monitoring activities, including reporting;
- Create and publish monthly/quarterly internal compliance newsletters/blogs/training documents for staff education;
- Respond to internal and external questions concerning Data Subject Access Requests or other requests for information;
- Communicate regularly and effectively with key stakeholders;
- Promoting legal, compliance and risk management best practices throughout the Group
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly in relation to laws, rules and regulations that directly affect the Group and specific industry;
- Research regulatory changes, enforcement activity and other relevant issues that may impact global enterprise-related activity and growth, and communicate/educate the team and other staff on your findings, as directed;
- Assist with priority and project-specific tasks and reporting, including M&A and corporate activities.
2. Legal Advice
- Provide legal and compliance services to the Business Units, Functions Group entities
- Work with Business stakeholders including senior leaders to assess legal implications and potential risks, help them identify, understand and manage both short-term and long-term risks to the business
- Become a trusted business partner of different internal stakeholders and provide counsel regarding both legal framework and what is appropriate for all Group activities cross-divisions
- Exercise sound judgment regarding actions required to address issued and risks and escalate to the appropriate level in the organisation
- Take a day-to-day lead in managing the legal aspects of the transaction
- Draft or supervise the drafting of transaction documents by outside counsel
- Communicate with and managing any third-party bodies such as external counsel or auditors
- Monitor compliance of the transactions with relevant and applicable laws and regulations
3. Training and development
- Design and deliver legal training to the business.
- Projects and assignments as and when assigned by the Head of Legal Affairs.
Key Shared Accountabilities:
1. Cross functional collaboration within the Group on all legal matters;
2. Reference point for all compliance and regulatory matters within the Group;
3. Ensure collaborative objectives are achieved with various internal stakeholders in relation to internal audit, internal control, risk management, process improvement and efficiency.
4. Organising legal activities and conferences on all aspect of laws.
1. LL.B (Hons) (2nd Upper) / Certificate of Legal Practice (for overseas graduate)
2. Minimum PQE of 7 years
1. Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
2. Legal analysis & legal drafting
3. Negotiation & problem solving skills
4. Strategic thinking;
5. Business acumen and industry knowledge;
7. Relationship building and networking.
8. Resource management skills
1. Providing accurate and timely legal services within the Group with limited resources;
2. Multitude of legal issues with diverse complexity faced by the Group;
3. Low legal awareness from some functions within the Group;
4. Changes in the company structure and management.
Parameters For Success / Dimensions
1. Effective cost control;
2. Legal advisory;
3. Stakeholder management;
4. Process improvement
5. Legal framework management;
6. Achieve self-development