Legal Counsel (MNC - Hybrid work arrangement)
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
8 - 15 Year(s)
1. Draft, review, revise and negotiate commercial and other agreements, government contracts, including Distributor Agreements, Speaker Agreement, Evaluation Agreement, Sponsorship Agreement, customer disputes, standard agreements (e.g., confidential disclosure, material transfer, evaluation, and professional services and sale agreements), security agreements including revisions to customer terms and conditions; resolves legal issues using negotiation skills and legal experience involving more complex matters.
2. Provide timely legal and compliance advice
3. Corporate governance/secretarial work: coordinate appointment and removal of all corporate officers and directors.
4. Conduct advance legal and business research.
5. Performs substantive legal work that requires advance knowledge of legal concepts including analysis, drafting, negotiating and consulting
6. Keeps abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas.
7. Provide and prepare slides for legal and compliance trainings to internal associates and business partners.
8. Collaborate with counsels in resolving complex legal issues on projects involving multiple disciplines within the Legal Division and/or multiple functional areas or divisions within Asia Pacific Diagnostic Platform.
9. Legal champion/representative and driver for Legal system from development to launch and ongoing co-owner for sustainment.
10. Conduct investigation and preparing investigation on whistleblowing cases
11. Participate and/or champion in assigned projects for internal improvement on Legal work or for Legal community in the Group of companies.
1. A law degree preferably one recognized for graduating top lawyers plus a minimum of seven or more years of legal experience with experience as in-house lawyer in multi-national company.
2. Experienced with anti-corruption, anti-bribery, anti-kickback, anti-competition, and medical device industry
3. Works closely with business units, as necessary, while maintaining independent judgment and decision-making skills
4. Ability to apply analytical skills to interpret data and use independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to address a variety of issues regarding contracts and related problems of moderate scope and complexity
5. Strong presentation and written and verbal communication skills; strong project management skills
6. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
7. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
8. MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and the Internet. Candidates should possess a strong computer software background and be comfortable gaining proficiency quickly as the department utilizes various third-party software applications.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.