Associate - Corporate Real Estate (International law firm)
Legal Assistant / Associate
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
2 - 4 Year(s)
- Provide support to the Real Estate /Corporate Commercial Practice Groups on legal works relating to real estate transactions including legal drafting, review, due diligence and advisory.
- Prepare and draft legal documentation in relation to real estate transactions including financing documents for housing developments,
- Conducting legal research, performing legal due diligence and providing legal and regulatory advice relating to laws and regulations relating to Malaysian land matters.
- Work closely with other practice groups within the Firm on matters involving real estate and will have the opportunity to be part of a highly ranked real estate team that works on complex domestic transactions and cross-border transactions.
- 2 - 4 years of PQE experience preferred.
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens or hold relevant residence status.
- Good academic results from a well-regarded university.
- 2 - 4 years of PQE work experience obtained in a corporate or real estate practice of a law firm in Kuala Lumpur or Singapore
- Good legal analytical skills
- Strong verbal and drafting skills in English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Clear demonstration of ability to work in a team
- Ability to work fairly independently on transactions
- Meticulous and good at getting work done efficiently and in a timely manner
- Familiar with the conveyancing practices with good knowledge of real estate
matters including the National Land Code.
- Familiar with the drafting/reviewing of real estate related contracts and related
documents such as sale and purchase agreements, lease/tenancy agreement
and deeds of assignment.
- Knowledge of project development and financing, mergers & acquisitions /
corporate commercial work would be very useful.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.