1. In respect of legal advisory services; to manage, monitor, review and provide legal advisory services, including to facilitate all divisions, departments and units of the Company (including its subsidiaries and affiliates companies):-
- to understand (i) legal issues; (ii) interpretation of laws; and (iii) terms and conditions of contract; and
- in drafting, reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions of any transaction to be entered by the Company to ensure such terms are tailored to the need of the Company with a view to obtain the best commercial arrangement and to mitigate risk exposure to the Company.
2. In respect of dispute resolutions; to manage, monitor, review and co-ordinate the Company's approach towards dispute resolution proceedings including liaising with and supervising external legal counsel.
3. In respect of compliance; to manage, monitor and review the appropriate framework to identify and monitor internal and external (i.e. statutory) compliance including :
- highlighting the Company (Project Owner) of all internal requirement to be complied with;
- updating the Company (Project Owner) of all relevant statutory requirements to be complied with; and
- facilitating the Company (Project owner) in complying with such internal requirement and statutory requirement by providing related advice regarding the action and measures necessary to secure/facilitate compliance with such requirements.
4. To adhere and fully comply with the Anti-bribery policy and Anti-bribery management system.
5. To undertake any additional assignment as instructed by the Company
- Bachelor's Degree in Law
- Relevant experience - at least 7 years post qualification experience with relevant advisory experience (i.e. practicing as advocates & solicitors) and familiar with a variety of the legal concepts, practices and procedures including:-
- Corporate transactions (mergers & acquisition);
- Commercial transactions (services, consultancy, agency, management, operation, maintenance, collaboration and concession);
- Property dealing transactions (sale & purchase, lease, tenancy, licensing, alienation, compulsory acquisition, amalgamation and subdivision);
- Property development transactions (joint land development);
- Finance transactions (financial services, capital markets);
- Infrastructure development transactions (construction, project management & project implementor);
- IT transactions (software /system development & maintenance);
- Intellectual properties transaction (copyright, trademark, patent and industrial design); and
- Dispute resolution transactions