Senior Legal Executive
Legal Assistant / Associate
Corporate / M&A / Commercial
3 - 5 Year(s)
- Report to Assistant General Manager, Group Legal Centre
- Provide legal support and general advice to Malaysia group companies, including reviewing, vetting and/or drafting of commercial contracts, agreements and legal documents.
- Localise global/regional compliance policies and materials, including translation to Bahasa Malaysia.
- Assist / conduct compliance training to employees (including new hires)
- Liaise with regulatory bodies or government departments and external parties on legal matters involving the group of companies.
- Conduct legal research and monitor legal developments applicable to business
- Preparation of regular reporting on legal jobs, billings and support.
- Undertake other duties and assignments as and when requested.
- Assist to organise Legal Meetings for group companies and attending to any other administrative requirements for the department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law from a reputable university.
- Certificate in Legal Practice or its equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years post qualification experience in handling litigation and corporate/commercial work.
- Strong contract drafting skills and possesses good analytical skills with strong command of written & spoken English and Bahasa Melayu (Translation).
- Experience in company law and IT matters is an added advantage.
- Thorough and meticulous and able to work well in a team.
- Self-Starter, creative, pro-active and enthusiastic.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Excel).
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.