1. Case Management:
- Handle a wide range of general litigation cases, including civil, banking, and commercial matters.
- Review and analyze case documents, contracts, and evidence.
- Develop and implement effective litigation strategies.
2. Legal Research:
- Conduct thorough legal research to support cases.
- Stay updated on relevant laws and regulations.
- Provide legal opinions and advice to clients.
3. Client Representation and Courtroom Advocacy:
- Prepare and file legal documents, pleadings, and motions.
- Represent clients in court proceedings, hearings, and negotiations. Demonstrated ability to independently conduct trials, including trial preparation, courtroom representation, and post-trial activities, is an added advantage.
- Advocate for clients' interests effectively.
4. Client Counseling:
- Maintain regular communication with clients.
- Provide clear and concise legal advice.
- Assist clients in making informed decisions regarding their cases.
5. Settlement Negotiation:
- Negotiate settlements and agreements when appropriate.
- Collaborate with opposing counsel to reach favorable outcomes.
- A Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree from a recognized law school.
- Admission to the Malaysian Bar Council as a qualified lawyer.
- Minimum of 2-6 years of relevant experience in general litigation. The ability to conduct trials independently is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Malaysian laws and legal procedures.
- Exceptional research and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong negotiation and advocacy skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.