Senior Legal and Compliance Counsel (APAC / MNC / Hybrid)
Compliance/Regulatory,Corporate / M&A / Commercial
Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
10 - 15 Year(s)
1. Lead or support strategic and/or complex projects such as:
- driving the integration of new business lines in the region with respect to chilled, spouted pouch, and bag-in-box packaging products;
- establishing new harmonized and digitalized policies and tools with respect to contract lifecycle management and coordinating other strategic functions (commercial, finance, etc.);
- establishing modern ways of working between the L&C department and the internal customers, and generally ensure that a consistent and harmonized legal support is providing across all business lines.
2. Build up a strong and embedded Ethics and Compliance (E&C) culture in AP-S, through the engagement of the regional senior management team and deployment of new E&C initiatives.
- Autonomously draft and review contracts (including contracts with customers and vendors), and other key legal documentation, to support all functions and business lines of the company across the Asia-Pacific South region;
- Manage all corporate and governance matters of the company subsidiaries across the region, and ensure the coordination and supervision of external corporate secretary firms;
3. Support claim management and manage litigation, including the selection of and coordination with external law firms.
4. Provide advice, training and conduct investigation in relation to ethics and compliance matters across the region;
5. Monitor the development of laws and regulations in the region.
- 10 to 15 years of legal experience
- candidate with combined experience working in law firm and in-house environment is preferred
- candidate with experience working in MNC and regional role is preferred but not a must
- candidate must be able to work with minimum supervision
- in addition to legal experience, candidate must have compliance experience e.g. ABC policy and others.
This position is only open to Malaysian citizens.